I love cooking spaghetti squash because it is so easy to make!Read More
- 1 cup "I can't believe it's Not Butter"
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup splenda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto non-greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup light Italian dressing
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- Trim any fat off your chicken breast, rinse clean , and then place in crock pot.
- Dice your red onion.
- In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, chopped red onion and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Pour over chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours
- Once time is up, you can serve the breast whole, or shred with 2 forks. If shredding, recover and let cook in sauce for about 10-15 more minutes to soak up all that delish flavor.
- Serve on buns, over rice, in wraps, on a salad or eat a plateful as is!
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces (about 6¼ cups) bagged coleslaw blend or shredded cabbage
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Place slaw blend/cabbage in a large bowl and pour Greek yogurt dressing mixture over top. Stir to coat cabbage thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate until using (preferably at least 30 minutes).
***This coleslaw keeps well, covered in the refrigerator, and can easily be made several hours in advance. In fact, we prefer to let it sit for at least half an hour before serving, so that the cabbage softens a bit and the whole salad melds together.***
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 pinch ground black pepper
8 slices turkey bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Stir in sour cream, pepperjack cheese, and garlic.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish. Make sure you cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500 degrees or use the oven's broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the bacon.
This recipe is PACKED with protein! It is absolutely delicious and super easy to make. Andrew didn’t even realize that I used greek yogurt instead of the traditional cream cheese. It is a must try!
- 2 medium avocados or 3 small ones
- 1 cup of canned sweet corn
- 1 cup of canned black beens
- McCormink guacamole seasoning packet
- Open the avocados and scoop out the flesh. An easy way is to cut it length-wise around the pit and than using a chefs knife strike the pit and then twist the knife so you can easily remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Mash the flesh with a fork, it can still have hard parts, follow your preference.
- Stir the other ingredients.
- Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator. A trick is to put a plastic wrap that touches the guacamole so it doesn’t brown because of contact with air.
- 4 tablespoons of I can't believe it's not butter
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve whole wheat Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet or saute pan over medium-low heat. Add squash and onions and cook until tender.
- To a large bowl, add eggs and lightly whisk. Add cheese and milk and whisk into egg until well-combined. Add cooked squash and onions to egg mixture and stir well to combined. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet used to cook squash and onions. Add to squash casserole mixture. Add cayenne pepper, if using, along with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and pour squash casserole mixture into the baking dish. Top evenly with crushed Ritz crackers. Place in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes, or until top has lightly browned and casserole does not "jiggle" when the dish is moved.
- Allow to sit for about 3 minutes before serving.
After a long day at work, I want to come home and cook something easy. I don't want to spend hours cooking and then cleaning the kitchen. I like quick and simple during the week, but who doesn't? Andrew and I got home from work yesterday and made healthier pizza in only 20 mins!
I bought the healthiest pizza items my local grocery store had in stock! Flatout pizza crust is full of fiber! Turkey pepperoni is just as good as the real deal(at least to me). I also used skim mozzarella cheese! The pizzas were really good... I think we will have them at least once a week now! It was literally super easy to make and clean up, what more could we want?!
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (splenda to keep it skinny)
- 1½ cup crushed ice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until the desired consistency is reached. Taste for flavor and sweetness and adjust to your liking.
** Add vodka to make this a skinny alcoholic drink ;)
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- 1 bag frozen spinach (thawed)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 4 oz fat free mozzarella cheese
- salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor mix artichoke hearts and garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spray a baking dish with pam and add mixture, spreading evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita wedges and enjoy!