This is definitely an easy and delicious to make during the holidays! Two of my favorite things about the holidays are baking and giving back to the community. For those of you who read my blog regularly, you know that Andrew and I witness Hurricane Harvey right outside our front door. So today, I have partnered with Real California Milk® to share with you the “Spot the Seal” campaign. This is an awesome program allows people to help victims of Hurricanes Irma and Harvey!
How you can help:
- Find any dairy product with the Real California Milk seal at the many retailers it's available.
- Snap a picture when making your yummy dinner or dessert and even just in the store as no purchase is necessary.
- Share your picture with the hashtag #SealsForGood
- For every image shared, they are donating $5 towards this campaign through 12/31/17.
Real California Milk® advocates for dairy farm families and believes in eating simple foods that contain wholesome dairy products. This is an initiative I can firmly stand behind and I am excited that this recipe fits perfectly within that principle. They are giving up to twenty thousand dollars towards the Great American Milk Drive to provide nutrition for those in need in affected areas. You can read more details here. To get you on your way to helping us help those in need, here is an easy peanut butter white chocolate peppermint cookie recipe.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- White chocolate peppermints
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 milk chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
Make sure you “Spot the Seal" and help Real California Milk give back this holiday season! We often can feel helpless when tragedy strikes, but we can help with #SealsForGood and remembering to stop to enjoy the little moments as we think about those in the big moments not able to do so. Bake some cookies for a neighbor, make care packages for our troops, or just say a pray!