My mom has been making this dip since I can remember... I have been craving it lately and decided to come up with a healthier version. It turned out to be the BOMB and packed with protein!
Mix together your yogurt, taco seasoning and cream cheese with a hand mixer on low.
Add your salsa and stir with a baking spoon.
Chop your fresh veggies to the thickness that you prefer!
Just start layering your taco dip & enjoy!
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups light Mexican shredded cheese
- 16 oz jar salsa ( I use a roasted salsa from Trader Joes)
- ¼ packet of taco seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 bag of shredded lettuce
- 8 oz plain greek yogurt
- 8 oz light whipped cream cheese
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning. Mix using a hand mixer. Make sure it blends smoothly.
- Add to a large baking pan and top with tomatoes, cheese, lettuce and onions.
- Serve with chips!