I love asparagus but I am so tired of eating fried asparagus so I decided to change that!
Try and find the freshest asparagus at your local grocery store. You can find a blog post of mine about how to choose the best produce( here). Make sure you rinse your asparagus really well before you start to chop! Just chop the ends off like normal.
Place your beautiful freshly cut asparagus into a gallon zip-lock bag! Add your two tablespoons of olive oil.
Next you will add half of cup of breadcrumbs! I used Italian style because it was all I had in the pantry.
Lastly, add your Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Oh & a little salt! Close the bag and start shaking!
Place your asparagus on a baking sheet.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 mins and you will have fresh amazing tasting asparagus! I swear they were even better the next day when I ate them as a snack before my workout.
These would be great to keep in the fridge to eat as a quick snack! :)
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine asparagus and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to coat. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 7 to 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the asparagus is still slightly crisp-tender.