Mr. Frank absolutely loves these homemade dog treats! They are so healthy for him too that I don't feel guilty spoiling him with them.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce or mashed banana
- ¼ cup vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- bone shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, peanut butter and apple sauce in a large mixing bowl. Add stock and stir until well-combined. The dough will be thick. Once combined use your hands to press the dough into a ball. Place dough ball on a flat service (with a sprinkle of flour if needed) and roll out evenly with a rolling pin. Dough should be about ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shape and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container.